Saturday, February 25, 2012

Despedido

 

Today was my last day.

It feels so weird to be leaving these kids. Leaving huayapunga, otavalo, Ecuador.. All of it.

This week has gone by like a day.

I don't really know what to write about how I feel about this whole experience.

Yes, it's been incredibly challenging at points, but what I experienced is like nothing else.

The last image in my head is a few of the boys holding on to my backpack, saying. 'vas a quedar aquí? Si si quedas quedas!'

But the road goes on, and the ocean refuses no river.

 

This trip will not be easily forgotten.

The bumpy rides up to school, the chilly mornings, my 5 kids.. Who I am determined to come back to see again within the next few years.

I hope I was able to make a difference in their lives, because I know that they have made a difference in mine.

 

Now, on to Peru.. Arequipa! Start all over again. A nomadic life is filled with goodbyes, but at the same time, filled with introductions and new friends.

 

Today I fly to panama, layover for 5 hours, then Lima for another 5 hour layover, then arrive in Arequipa Sunday morning. Summer school has just ended there this week, so this week we will be cleaning the schools then we the following week teaching will begin.

 

Another dialect, bigger city, new kids, new friends, and a couple more stamps in my passport. Onward.

 

 

1 comment: