Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St Paddys weekend!



This weekend was good. Friday was very laid back and saturday morning Jamie, Owen, iain, and I went on a downhill biking excursion down the nearby volcanoe Chichani. After a 3.5 hour bus ride up to the top, around 15,500 feet.
The bikes we used were pretty crap.. But it was fun getting to be on a bike again. The descent was pretty rocky and I took one spill over the bars and scraped up my knee and leg. The few parts that had some uphill were the worst part. Due to altitude, oxygen was hard to come by.. After the
bike ride, we headed back to a hostel that has a pool and let our muscles relax.
Johan finally made it down from Ecuador, and it was really good to see him. He's been traveling around Peru and Ecuador for the last few weeks. His volunteering time ended when we left and came to Peru.
I also met a guy from petersburg, Alaska who has worked in prince William sound for the last couple years. He was pretty sure that we had met before, and had been on the Orion as well. Never thought I'd run into some one from Alaska down here!

So ya, overall had a good weekend with my friends.

It feels weird that I will be leaving here so soon..
I'm going to miss south America.

No comments:

Post a Comment