Friday, January 13, 2012

Summary

 Alright, I've got a bit more time now to explain what I am doing. A little preface for this whole blog thing I guess. 

Here is what GVI says about it, 

Travel to the beautiful and picturesque Andean town of Otavalo in Ecuador and teach basic education and literacy to indigenous children.

You will plan and teach classes in Spanish, working primarily with young children from the age of 4. Focusing on broad topic areas such as maths, sports, art and games, you will

This project is operated by our in-country partners, Phoenix, who have been working in Ecuador since 2005 providing educational reinforcement to indigenous communities around Otavalo.

That's the gist of it.. I will start in Ecuador, then on to Peru to do the same program there as well. In both of these places I will live with host families and get to eat authentic foods, living the Ecuadorean dream? :) 

This is the info I was given on my host family, 'Following on from my email yesterday I can now confirm that you will be living with Monica and Juan Carlos Escobar. Their address is Calle Miguel de Jijon y Leon 231, Imbaya. They have 2 sons, Alex (20) who is married to Mariu (20) and Andres (25) who is married to Gabriella (17). '

So if you have read anything from my past blog about my old host families in spain.. You may know why i am a bit nervous, but this is a different city, different country, different culture, different situation all together. This has the possibility to be really good. 

I think I've summed everything up so far. I will arrive tomorrow evening around 6pm into Quito, and will give an update of South America then! 

This will be the first time since my grandpa that someone in my family has gone to south America.. So many mysteries to uncover (and geocaches to find!) :)

Please comment with any questions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment