Sunday, January 15, 2012

Otavalo

 Quick little update before I head off to sleep. 

Tonight I met my host mom and was introduced to the house. They have 3 guard dogs that are vicious looking creatures and bark very loudly anytime someone enters the gate, I guess that means they are doing a good job. 

Tomorrow I have 6 hour Spanish class, and that will continue for the rest of the week. Starts at 8am, so I have to adjust my sleeping patterns a bit. Once I start working in the school, I will have to be up before sunrise everyday which I look forward to in a way.. being so close to the equator every day is the same length and apparently they see the elusive 'green flash' quite often. 

OH! Andddd, my host mom said that they do a lot of wakeboarding on the lake that is close by, so that is definitely on my to do list!! 

Overall, I am very pleased with the whole GVI experience. It's very well organized and layed out. From talking to the other volunteers this seems to be a common feeling towards the experience. Hopefully it keeps going up from here! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment